This is a blog about life, ambitions, design, life in Thailand for a western girl and things that make me smile. I’m a happy girl, living a life that I never, not in a million years, ever expected.
I was always a carefree, happy kinda girl, with big plans and big dreams. Travel was always on my mind. One day I set off to Thailand. I wanted to volunteer. I wanted to teach. I arrived as an 18 year old, young, naive and excited for an adventure. I never planned on staying. I wanted to have fun, a holiday, and then study.
I’m 22 now, still in Thailand, I’ve…
- changed jobs 4 times
- been on more visa runs than I care to count
- moved house 4 times
- gone caving
- ate more rice than I ever thought possible
- learnt to speak Thai
- met amazing people
- been to my homeland twice
- laughed and cried, and everything in between
- fell in love
- settled down with my furry little family
- married the love of my life
- and I’ve never been happier.
I never planned on living in a foreign country. I never planned on meeting someone so special here. I never planned on marrying at 21.
It’s the things you never plan, that turn out to be the best.